At the Colorectal Surgery Institute
patients with colorectal disease have access to highly advanced diagnostic and treatment options, provided in a caring, compassionate environment by a team of health care experts and specialists.
Areas of Expertise
Led by the internationally renowned colorectal surgeon Robert W. Beart, M.D., the Colorectal Surgery Institute at Glendale Memorial Hospital provides highly advanced care for the diagnosis and treatment of colorectal diseases.
Our Institute is a multi-discipline environment with radiation therapy, medical oncology and surgical expertise available to our patients. We perform evaluation procedures and treat a comprehensive list of diseases and conditions, including:
- Colon Cancer, Rectal Cancer, Polyps and Genetic Cancers
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Diverticulitis, Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease
- Diarrhea, Constipation, Fecal Incontinence management, including pelvic floor disorders and postpartum incontinence
Other Anorectal diseases, such as:
- Conditions associated with HIV infection
- Condyloma (genital warts)
The Institute’s surgeons have experience in unique and complex techniques that can help certain patients avoid colostomies. Pioneering minimally invasive procedures are also among our areas of expertise.